Ms Shazia Raja is the Senior Partner at Sabeers Stone Greene Solicitors.
She qualified as a solicitor in 1999 and worked for a number of law firms. in and around London, before setting up her own practice in 2005. Shazia has extensive experience in Immigration law, and takes a pragmatic approach to every case.
Areas of Expertise
• Freehold and Leasehold conveyancing
• Transfers of equity and matrimonial transfers
• Residential lease extensions and leasehold enfranchisement
• Sale and purchase of newly built property
• Acquiring and disposal at auctions
• Buy-to-let investments
• Business Acquisitions and Disposals, with extensive experience in the field of Dental Surgeries
• Leasehold acquisitions and disposals
• Rent reviews, lease renewals and variations
• Underlettings and licences to assign
• Commercial Landlord and Tenant Act matters
• Partnership Agreements
Landlord and Tenant
• Residential and Commercial landlord-and-tenant disputes, acting for both Landlord and Tenant; particularly in relation to possession, dilapidations, forfeiture, insolvency claims; landlord’s consent to assignments, sub-letting and alterations, lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and rent review
• Residential long-leasehold: leasehold enfranchisement, disrepair, management and service-charge disputes, RTM, tenants’ right of pre-emption and proceedings in the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal as well as the courts
• Property contract disputes: development and sale agreements
• Trusts of land and co-ownership disputes.
• Contract disputes
• Debt Recovery
• Attending Solicitor Agency Hearings and Applications at County Courts – fixed fee
• Issue and conduct of Fast and Multi Track claims
• Compromise agreements
• Pre-nup and post-nup agreements
• Divorce and Separation
• Disputes between cohabitees and TOLATA claims
• Financial applications and consent orders
• Children access and injunctive relief
• Wills and Inheritance Act Claims and contentious probate/trusts
• Drafting General and Lasting Powers of Attorney
• Applying for Deputyship, (a court appointed power) and applications to the Office of the Public Guardian and Court of Protection
Her other areas of Immigration expertise include:
- Human Rights applications
- Visa and work permit applications
- Marriage applications
- Sponsorship and extension of stay applications
- Welfare Benefits
- Criminal Law
- Family Law, with a particular expertise in divorce matters
She has taken part in ‘Immigration Hour’ on Venus TV, where she provided ad hoc legal advice on immigration matters to callers.
She speaks fluent English, Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi.
Outside of work, Shazia is a keep-fit enthusiast and enjoys a number of sporting activities, including swimming and tennis.