Obadah Laban joined Sabeers Stone Greene LLP in January 2015 and qualified as a solicitor in August 2017. His primary focus is on Conveyancing and Probate matters. In June 2008, Obadah graduated from University of Lincoln in Honours degree in Law. He then went on to successfully complete his Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in 2011. Prior to joining Sabeers Stone Greene LLP, Obadah gained invaluable experience as a Team Leader at a large Housing Organisation, managing and implementing major government schemes. In his spare time Obadah enjoys keeping up to date with current affairs, keeping fit and socialising with friends and family. Obadah is also fluent in Arabic.
Areas of Expertise
• Freehold and Leasehold conveyancing
• Transfers of equity and matrimonial transfers
• Residential lease extensions and leasehold enfranchisement
• Sale and purchase of newly built property
• Acquiring and disposal at auctions
• Buy-to-let investments
• Wills and Inheritance Act Claims and contentious probate/trusts
• Drafting General and Lasting Powers of Attorney
• Applying for Deputyship, (a court appointed power) and applications to the Office of the Public Guardian and Court of
- Business Acquisitions and Disposals
- Leasehold acquisitions and disposals
- Rent reviews, lease renewals and variations
- Underlettings and licences to assign
- Commercial Landlord and Tenant Act matters
- Partnership Agreements
Landlord and Tenant
- Residential and Commercial landlord-and-tenant disputes, acting for both Landlord and Tenant; particularly in relation to possession, dilapidations, forfeiture, insolvency claims; landlord’s consent to assignments, sub-letting and alterations, lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and rent review
- Residential long-leasehold: leasehold enfranchisement, disrepair, management and service-charge disputes, RTM, tenants’ right of pre-emption and proceedings in the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal as well as the courts
- Property contract disputes: development and sale agreements
- Trusts of land and co-ownership disputes.
- Experience in dealing with Small Claims, County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.